Jojoba oil (pronounced hohoba) is derived from the seeds of the simmondsia chinensis plant. It is quickly absorbed by the skin and doesn’t leave a greasy residue. It is rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals as well as unsaponifiable fatty acids, resulting in its resistance to oxidation. It has a structure similar to that of human sebum and contributes to its control via the penetration of the skin. It has moisturizing and nourishing properties for the skin and is recommended for baby hair and skin care.
When jojoba oil comes in contact with the skin:
• It quickly penetrates the skin and helps maintain the skin hydrated
• It reduces the depth of wrinkles and fine lines
• It retains moisture in the tissue, thus keeping the skin elastic and slowing the aging process
• It improves the quality of sebum and is ideal for skin with acne
• It helps treat eczema and other skin diseases
Regarding hair, and according to medical studies, jojoba oil not only rejuvenates a person’s hair but also aids the follicle itself and leads to protection against future damage. In the article “Benefits of Jojoba Oil for Hair Growth” you will find a lot of useful information related to hair and jojoba oil.